All rink participants must abide by the following rules set out by the Westgate Community Association.
- The rinks are a public space and cannot be reserved by any individual or group. The rinks are prepared and maintained by volunteer Westgate Community Association members and are open to all members of the community.
- All participants MUST follow all COVID-19 restrictions set out by our governments. The following applicable prohibited activities include, but are not limited to:
- NO OUTDOOR GATHERING – There is to be no outdoor gathering with members outside your own household. Close contacts are limited to household members only. This will be enforced with $1,000 fine;
- NO GROUP PHYSICAL ACTIVITY - There is to be no group physical activity including Hockey, Shinny, Ringette etc.;
- A maximum of 15 people can be on each rink at a time. (This may be revisited soon)
- The rinks are for skating only. The use of sticks and pucks is prohibited.
- If and when there is warm weather, the rinks may be closed and there is to be NO USE of the rinks. The Westgate Community Association will advise its members if the rinks are to be closed.
- Use of profanity or inappropriate language is not permitted.
- Possession and/or consumption of drugs or alcohol is strictly prohibited.
- Groups/Individuals are responsible for any damage they cause to the facility.
- CSA approved helmets are strongly recommended for all participants during ice activity and, in particular, for children and youth.
Westgate Community Association thanks everyone for their patience and adherence to these rules. Should we find repeated flagrant violations of these rules we will be forced to limit/close access to these rinks moving forward.