The 2021 Spring Street Sweeping is back!
Highlights this year:
- Flexibility: Daytime crews will sweep in communities Monday to Friday from 8 a.m. to 4 p.m. Parking bans are in place when signs are present.
- No schedule changes: City crews will not be pre-sweeping in communities. Any delays due to weather, equipment or other issues will only be rescheduled to the end of the program (July).
- Avoid parking tickets by planning ahead and moving vehicles:Enforcement will occur this year by the Calgary Parking Authority. Vehicle owners that have not moved before sweepers are operating in their community may receive a parking tag but there are multiple way to plan ahead and be prepared.
The City of Calgary is communicating with citizens in a number of ways so that they can get information about when their areas will be swept. The best option is to visit Calgary.ca/sweep to find:
- Address look up tool
- New “RoadBot” Virtual Agent
- Email notifications
- Online map showing progress/schedule
- Program information
Please watch for these signs:
Why we sweep?
- Environment: To help the environment by keeping material out of our storm and river system
- Safety: To keep safe on our roads when walking, cycling or operating a motorized vehicle
- Clean Air: Make our communities clean and reduce airborne particles
Ward Community Schedule
*Please note some communities have several sweeping dates listed as some areas require this for operational purposes. Residents in these communities are encouraged to check their respective address for exact dates and please excuse any discrepancies below.
|SPRINGBANK HILL||Apr 29, May 31, Jun 7|
|WEST SPRINGS||May 6, Jun 14|
|PATTERSON||May 7, May 11-12|
|SIGNAL HILL||May 12-14, May 17|
|GLENBROOK||May 19, May 25|
|STRATHCONA PARK||May 20, Jun 11|
|COUGAR RIDGE||May 27-28|
|COACH HILL||May 21|
|WESTGATE||Jun 1 -2|
|ASPEN WOODS||Jun 3-4, Jun 7-10|
|DISCOVERY RIDGE||Jun 10|
|CHRISTIE PARK||Jun 11|